Greetings,

This is my first post to this list. I have looked through some of the
archives and ran a search against the archives but have not found
anything to help me with this problem. I have installed 1.2 on a 486-66
with a Diamond Speedstar Pro. I followed the recent recommendations and
installed in order: xbase, xfnt75,xserver-vga16,xserver-svga. XF86Setup
generated a missing font error so I installed xfntbase and xfntscl. The
config seems to work fine but startx generates an error 'no screens found
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111'. A previous
attempt using xdm generated a flashing screen problem which I could only
cure by rm /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config. I have also installed xlib6.
Any ideas what package I may be missing or other config error?

Cheers,

Jim