I was bored the other day so I decided to grab my old modem and try it out.
(It's an internal with a Rockwell(eek) chipset)  I slapped it in and
booted the machine, everything looked ok.  But when I ran kermit after
setting the speed, line and hitting c kermit hangs. I get the connection
info but when I try to type commands nothing happens, my keystrokes don't
don't even get echoed.

Along those lines.  What tty is my modem????  I have two working com
ports and an internal modem.  Is there a way to say the internal is number 1
or number 2 if I want.

And I though getting the ethernet stuff up was crazy.  (Actually it wasn't
that bad.)

--
Jason Killen                                     Question Stupidity
Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be Linux hackers