On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Paul Wade wrote:
>
> > Good point, John. It seems that the sugar-coated explanation still doesn't
> > taste very good. Hey, users who are listening - Debian 1.3.3 is out but
> > it's still called 1.3.1 so nobody who buys those CD sets will feel
> > inferior? We need someone with a Ph.D. in policy analysis to convince us
> > that it really does taste good. Why don't we just call it Debian GNU/Linux
> > 1.3.1.your_lucky_number?
>
> Sorry friend, but this is false.  1.3.1 is out.  The few changes that have
> been made to it were done so in error.  I believe that resulted from Guy's
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Then they should have been reversed. If they were done in error, where was
the warning message to prevent people from using the 'bad' Debian?

> absense.  But, mistakes will be made occaisionally in any case.  None of
> the packages in bo-updates have been released into the official
> distribution.  In case you haven't noticed, we've been trying to implement
> some new quality control procedures with 1.3, and it's up to the testing
> manager, Dale, to approve the packages before they go into the main
> distribution.  This is the first time we've tried this, and it looks like
> bo-updates was the wrong name for the updates that are not yet approved by
> the testing group.

That is a bit of an understatement. The readme file in that directory is
not entirely clear to many people. It sounds like it should have been
called bo-whataretheseanyway.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.greenbush.com/ +