Paul Serice writes:
> Suppose, Bruce is "going to drive tomorrow to Santa Cruz (from Berkeley)
> to participate in a meeting for Debian," and on the way he causes an
> accident.  Before incorporation, no one knew how far the liability tail
> extended.

Are you an attorney? I'm not.  I find it hard to believe that there is no
case law on this.  I also find it hard to believe that any court could be
convinced that the maintainers had either the opportunity or the duty to
prevent Bruce from driving drunk :)

> By the way, last time I checked, in all 50 states, anarchists have no
> special exemptions.

I'm sure Dave will be glad to know that.  BTW, I am not opposed to
incorporation.  I merely expressed skepticism about the liability paranoia.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Do with it what you will.