On my system, this line results in a 10 second freeze up, and then
        Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!
It then continues to boot normally.  Perhaps you didn't wait long enough.
Or, maybe you have a device that doesn't want to be probed (I solve this
by opening the case, unplugging all the cards except for the video card,
and then putting them back one by one until I run into the same problem).

Good luck,
Brandon

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Jason and Heather wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian on my Digital P166, but it's hanging
> hard right after the line:
>
>   md driver 0.35 MAX_MD_DEV=4 MAX_REAL=8
>
> I've found a couple other reports of this in Dejanews, but no answers
> to the problem...

-----
Brandon Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l [EMAIL PROTECTED]          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds