On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 20:21, Alexey Chetroi wrote:
>  I actually had this error with postfix-ldap from woody. smtpd crashed
> every time I was using ldap maps. I had to use "result_filter = (mail=%s)"
> in postfix configuration (could anybody explain me more detaily what is this
> option for?) to fix smtpd's sigsegv. If it is happening to you also,
> please let me know, mayby we should report this bug to package maintainer.
> No software should crash on invalid parameters IMHO.

Can I impose on you to guide me a little more.  I still need to learn a
lot.  What I have at present is:
/etc/postfix/main.cf:
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/24
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
relay_domains =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
        permit_mynetworks, check_relay_domains
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:ldapaliases
local_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:ldapaliases
ldapaliases_server_host = localhost
ldapaliases_server_port = 389
ldapaliases_timeout = 5
ldapaliases_bind = yes
ldapaliases_bind_dn = cn=nss,dc=mitdevin,dc=com
ldapaliases_bind_pw = pword
ldapaliases_search_base = ou=People,dc=mitdevin,dc=com
ldapaliases_query_filter = (mail=%s\@*)
ldapaliases_result_attribute = mailRoutingAddress
ldapaliases_lookup_wildcards = no

/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf:
pwcheck_method: pam

/etc/pam.d/smtp:
auth            required        pam_ldap.so
account         required        pam_ldap.so
password        required        pam_ldap.so use_authtok
session         required        pam_ldap.so

I have configured /etc/pam_ldap.conf appropriately and also
/etc/libnss-ldap.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf.  I have some similar lines
to above in my /etc/pam.d/ssh file and all works OK for login, ssh,
finger etc.

Can you give me any hints?  Are you using the binary debian packages
from woody or did you compile from source?  If you don't mind sending
your config files I would very much appreciate them as I can't seem to
make any further progress trying to follow the howtos.

Kind regards.
Mark.