On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:47:46PM +1000, Mark Devin wrote:
> Subject: Re: Anyone with working postfix smtp-auth?
> From: Mark Devin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Alexey Chetroi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 20:21, Alexey Chetroi wrote:
> >  I actually had this error with postfix-ldap from woody. smtpd crashed
> > every time I was using ldap maps. I had to use "result_filter = (mail=%s)"
> > in postfix configuration (could anybody explain me more detaily what is this
> > option for?) to fix smtpd's sigsegv. If it is happening to you also,
> > please let me know, mayby we should report this bug to package maintainer.
> > No software should crash on invalid parameters IMHO.
>
> Can I impose on you to guide me a little more.  I still need to learn a
> lot.  What I have at present is:
> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/24
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
> smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
> relay_domains =
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
>       permit_mynetworks, check_relay_domains
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:ldapaliases
> local_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:ldapaliases
> ldapaliases_server_host = localhost
> ldapaliases_server_port = 389
> ldapaliases_timeout = 5
> ldapaliases_bind = yes
> ldapaliases_bind_dn = cn=nss,dc=mitdevin,dc=com
> ldapaliases_bind_pw = pword
> ldapaliases_search_base = ou=People,dc=mitdevin,dc=com
> ldapaliases_query_filter = (mail=%s\@*)
> ldapaliases_result_attribute = mailRoutingAddress
> ldapaliases_lookup_wildcards = no

  Seems, you have been guided by Nate's ldap howto :) me too. but in my
test setup, smtpd just get a SIGSEGV, unless I add:
ldapaliases_result_filter = (mail=%s\@*)
I don't understand exactly what does result_filter, but this worked for me.
Please let me know if this help you :)

 Good luck!

--

  Best regards,
  Alexey Chetroi

---
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse.   (c) Murphy's law