Thanks to all that have posted to this thread.

Last night finally got it to work and no more boot from floppy ;o)

The final lilo.conf was:

boot=/dev/hda
install=/kernel/boot/boot.b
map=/kernel/boot/map
delay=50
timeout=70
compact
prompt
default=Win95
image=/kernel/boot/vmlinuz
        root=/dev/hdb1
        label=Linux
        vga=normal
other=/dev/hda1
        label=Win95
        table=/dev/hda

All the prior faulty attemps were solved using lilo -u, that restore the
boot record in /dev/hda1 which I had as boot originally.

FYI, I found very helpfull tips in these urls:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/ -> Very nice Linux HOWTO by Greg
Hankins
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/Linux+Win95.html -> Handy one by
Jonathan Katz
http://www.compuclinic.com/osr2faq/ -> for those who are using Win95
OSR2

Best  regards,

Ivan Rojas                         Liikkuva Systems Intl.
R&D Engineer/Sys. Admin.          http://www.liikkuva.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]