On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 07:27:51PM -0800, James C. Carr wrote:
>       Well, I can't say if this is the same problem that I had
> experienced, but I've received a few errors saying that the Device or
> Resource is busy.  The solution that I found was adding "lp=0x378" to
> lilo, so that it'd only set up the first lp for printer use.  The second
> lp, since it isn't associated with a printer, can be brought up with
> "insmod ppa base=0x278".

Are you running Linux 2.0.x or Linux 2.1.x beta? In 2.1 there are
facilities to share the parallel port between a printer, zip drive
etc at the same time, without removing and inserting the modules
etc. However in my case I just want to use the zip drive, I have
no printer on the port. It's different for 2.0 vs 2.1 though.

thanks,
Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]