Am Die, 2002-12-10 um 10.25 schrieb Sandip P Deshmukh:
> hello all
>
> this is my post to the group after some time. debain had been working
> wonderfully.
>
> i have read quite some posts on spamassasin. so went to dselect and read
> up material available on that.
>
> i use exim (almost default set-up) and fetchmail (again almost default
> set-up) for mail processing. i read mails with mutt.
>
> do i just install spamassasin as it comes or do i have to tweak it?

At least with postfix you'll have to integrate SA manually. It should be
the same with Exim.

> i do not use .forward or .procmailrc file. i am yet to find a need for
> either. can i use spamassasin without either of these files?

You may want to have a look at this:

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim3_spamassassin.html

Note: I do not use Exim so i don't know if this site is what you need.

But using .procmailrc will be the most simple way to do it IMO.

> spamassasin refers to one librazor package. it was not available. i found razor,
> though, is it one and the same?

Yes i think so. At least my SA started using Razor when i installed the
package "razor".

> is spamassasin getting to be a default mail processing package?

Nope, just the default SPAM-processing package ;)
--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice