I don't know the details of the war that led to Bruce's decision. My
concern is that we have not only lost Bruce, but that the wise overview,
philosophy as embedded in his approach has been lost as well. As a user
I am really wondering what to do - I fear for Debian's future viability
if the developers (the heart of this distribution) have made Bruce's
continued involvement untenable.

Richard