On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:47:17 -0500
"Bruce Park" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello debian users,
>
> I'm currenty experiencing some difficulty in trying to install 'aktion' from
> KDE. Here's what happens:
> bash$ apt-get install aktion
> Reading Package Lists...
> Building Dependency Tree...
> Package aktion has no available version, but exists in the database.
> This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
> of sources.list
> E: Packagae aktion has no installation candidate
>
> I'd install the entire multimedia package but I despise having software that
> I never use. I picked aktion for a movie player. Any help or suggestion is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> bp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

When that happens to me i usually do apt-cache search aktion | grep aktion to see what
package contains it; if you are stuck with the whole multimedia package and you don't
want it then you will have to resort to finding just aktion (google aktion) and
compiling from source.  I recommend mplayer for movies.

HTH

--
Shawn Lamson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]