Joerg Plate writes:

>> I guess I'll just delete them and just forget about it :^>

> man symlinks

I believe you mean "man symlink", and you are talking about:

NOTES
       No checking of oldpath is done.

       Deleting the name referred to by a symlink  will  actually
       delete  the file (unless it also has other hard links). If
       this behaviour is not desired, use link.

right? Is this new?

If not, why weren't my symlinks erased when the pointed files were?

Talking about "man", you reminded me another place where leftover
symlinks are felt.

nr# man symlink
Updating index cache for path `/usr/man'. Wait...man: warning:
/usr/man/man8/debian is a dangling symlink
man: can't open /usr/man/man8/purgestat.8: No such file or directory
man: warning: /usr/man/man8/purgestat.8.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request
man: warning: /usr/man/man8/debian is a dangling symlink
man: can't open /usr/man/man8/hoststat.8: No such file or directory
man: warning: /usr/man/man8/hoststat.8.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request
Updating index cache for path `/usr/man'. Wait...man: warning:
/usr/man/man1/jre-jdk11.1 is a dangling symlink
man: can't open /usr/man/man1/jre.1: No such file or directory
man: warning: /usr/man/man1/jre.1.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request
Updating index cache for path `/usr/man'. Wait...done.
Updating index cache for path `/usr/X11R6/man'. Wait...done.

> --
> "i'm working on it"

Sorry, I did not get it... You're working on what? On correcting the
symlink faulty behavior?

Thanks a lot!!!!!

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          http://www.conexware.com