On Thu, Jun 04, 1998 at 11:38:28AM -0400, Lewis, James M.  wrote:
> on the fixed fonts question...
> I have the following truetype fixed pitch fonts on nt3.51:

thanx for the list of TT fixed fonts...I should have those somewhere

> These all work with emacs on nt...(don't ask, I do the best
> I can with company policy being what it is).

heh I used emacs for win95 once

> There are probably some of these in win95 but I don't use it
> and don't know...  I haven't read the license to know if you
> are free to use them with a non-M$ os even though you may have
> bought them with win95 (or whatever).

well.... This was discussed once on here...maybe 2 months ago?
You can look at it this way: You have a licence for Win95, under no
circumstances does anyone ever install and use the FULL OS (it would
be impossible to have every pice of hardware in existance that win95
comes with a driver for on 1 PC would it not?)

In this case as long as you have a licence ot use win95...you should be able
to use the fonts under linux...because you have a licence for use of the
Win95 OS and you are validly using part of that OS.

Is this M$s view on the subject? probably not...in fact I would not be
surprized to see them argue that it is completly illegal...and a violation
of their licence. However...the day that that argument stands up in court
(even for Micro$oft) is the day that I will finnaly loose the last shred of
respect I have for government and courts (which is hanging on some
very thin threads as it is)

-Steve