Colin Watson wrote:
On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 05:06:48AM -0700, eric lin wrote:

may be best weblanguage is java or java script, let me explore html and cgi and perl first

Neither Java nor JavaScript is a worthwhile language in my opinion. Perl
is fine, but you'll never get anywhere in any language by not reading
the documentation. Put another way, you can get it wrong in any
language; don't blame the language for it.

See 'man perl' and the many documents to which it refers.

See 'man CGI'.

Try setting in the environment REQUEST_METHOD=GET and QUERY_STRING to
whatever the browser sends,
so that is my /var/www/index.html (form field?)
or
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/entrance.cgi(at beginning?)
or
anywhere ?

please help again

 and then using the Perl debugger.

but that is not correct or good enough, I still expect the print out the name field i collect from visitor(ie CPU, motherboard, harddisk, etc...) and value field( the price of cpu, motherboard, harddisk, etc...)

It looks like it works fine to me. Maybe your form's wrong, I have no
idea.

If you're doing e-commerce, you might be better off hiring a consultant
rather than sending half a dozen nearly-identical messages a day to
debian-user.

Cheers,

--
Sincere Eric