On Wed, Jun 17, 1998 at 02:33:04AM +0000, Robert Wilderspin wrote:
> On 16 Jun 98 17:39:36 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >There is the package "cruft" in slink, which will compare dpkg's databases
> >with the installed files and print the differences (taking a lot of further
> >input into account).
>
> It sounds like cruft does much the same as the "verify" script found
> in RPM packages (in effect), in that it checks to see that the files
> installed from the package are still there.  Am I right in saying
> that?
>

> Rob Wilderspin
> --
> "But I need it to crash once every few days -
> reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."
> ----------------------= (send replies to rob@)

Not totally wrong except that cruft also check for file in dev, local
files, spool files, etc. You can make it run any scripts you want to
return a list of file paths that you consider to bbe (or must be) install
in your system. RPM -V only check for files in the DB. It doesn't check
for new files but check for change files, what I think cruft doesn't.
IIRC, dpkg-cert are the tools for that. May be a cruft script for using
with dpkg-cert will be appreciate. ;)

Just my 2 pennies.

Fabien Ninoles                                  Running Debian/GNU Linux
E-mail:                                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WebPage:                      http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
WorkStation [available when connected!]:     http://nightbird.tzone.org/
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70