On Wed, Aug 19, 1998 at 06:12:31PM -0400, Brian D Kellogg wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have the following problems after installing Debian.
>
> 1.  I can't mount the cdrom.
>       i get this error--can't find /dev/hdc in /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab.
>       It's a standard Atapi cdrom.
 issue
mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/hdb /cdrom
(i assume that CD-ROM is slave on first IDE BUS) or correct entry in
/etc/fstab to read soemthing like:
/dev/hdb        /cdrom  iso9660         noauto

> 2.  command make menuconfig doesn't work.
>       i get error--no rule to make target.
hmm... You are in directory with kernel sources, aren't you? (most often
/usr/src/linux)

> 3.  I can't start x
>       i get this error--x: exec of /usr/bin/X11/XF86_NONE failed
 This would indicate that either You didn't install any X Server package or
You didn't configure installed one.

--
 Robert Ramiega   | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 IT Manager @ PDi | http://plukwa.pdi.net/        | the power of Source