Thank you for your reply, but I think I have to make some clarifications:

I do not have a Debian CD, I downloaded the base system from the net, and
install everything from hard disk. The CD-ROM device is detected, but the
system hangs just after that (well, I have tryed to wait for 5 min, maybe
it is not enough?).

More input is appreciated

Lazar