On 12 Sep, Michael Beattie wrote:

> I know that KDE is still in the development stages, but one small bug that
> bugs me is that when using the K file manager to open text, .c or image
> files, The respective viewers/editors take the file's path and location to
> be seperate arguments. For example, Kedit says "Cant open directory" with
> the first two program instances, and then opens the file in the third
> instance when passed the filename and path of "/home/userfoo/bar.txt"
>
> The image viewer opens with "%m" and [filename] as available images to
> view.
>
> I dont know if anyone understnds what I am describing, I haven't been
> motivated enough to ask until today.. Anyway, Is there a temporary fix for
> this, or do I have to wait till the next packaged release?
>
> I hope I am not the only one with these problems!

I had this problem with the older versions of KDE.  It went away when I
installed the version from slink. (1.0)  You can get it (probably
temporarily only) from slink, or from the KDE web site (they have the
.deb's someplace there).
--
Stephen Ryan                   Debian GNU/Linux
Mathematics graduate student, Dartmouth College