"Marcelo E. Magallon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
| On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 11:03:30AM -0500, Peter Kovacs wrote:
|
| > What I did is:
| >
| > Create my own menu with my customizations..
| > Somewhere in that menu I created an "external" menu pointing too
| > menu.hook.
| >
| > It's kinda kludgy, but it works.  If you figure out how to embed
| > menu.hook, please let me know!
|
|  There are several ways:
|
|  * Make your own WMRootMenu. For testing purposed I once used this:
[snip]
|  you can build this using the Menu Guru in WPrefs (WPrefs needs WM >=
|  0.19.1, I think, current version in slink is 0.20.2)

I'm using hamm so this one is out. wmaker 0.14.1

|  * Use the hooks...
|
| $ grep hook /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook
| #include <menu.prehook>
| #include <menu.posthook>
|
|  Put a menu.posthook and menu.prehook in ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker

These don't seem to apply to the WindowMaker installation under
hamm. There aren't any hooks in menu.hook.

|  * Use menu's internal mechanism
|
|  something like this:
|
| $ cat > /etc/menu/remotessh
| ?package(ssh):needs=x11 section=RemoteHosts      \
|    title=YourHost\
|    command="xterm -e \"slogin yourhost\""

I've tried this, and while it's quite possible I'm screwing something
up, it doesn't seem to work for me, as a user. I haven't tried it
system wide, like above, because I want to do it on a per-user
basis. I think there's something about update-menus that doesn't
function properly for WindowMaker under hamm.

I'm loathe to upgrade to slink but maybe I'll just put this desire off
until I have time to do that upgrade. Or maybe I'll just copy
menu.hook from /etc and do it manually until I can upgrade to slink.

Thanks for all the responses!
Gary