> Hi, thanks to all the people who have offered advice with configuring
> X-windows.  I have not been successful and am brain dead at this point.
> I also tried hooking up to the internet with the same result.  I chose
> the debian release because I wanted to learn more about computers (I
> have only used a pc off and on for the past year) and I like the
> philosophy behind Debian.  I am wondering if Debian is just too
> difficult for me at this point.  I am wondering if maybe I should try
> Red Hat, I have heard it is easier to install, and then come back to
> Debian.  Does this sound like a logical progression to anyone?  I don't
> have experience with either one so I just don't know the best course to
> take.

You could try RedHat first and then move to Debian later on.  Perhaps
some people would recommend this solution.  Personally I suggest that
you stick at Debian for a bit longer.  It's not really all that hard
once you get the hang of it.  It just takes a little time to get the
feel of things.  The big advantage of Debian is that generally people
on this list are very helpful.  Sometimes the responses are slow, but
more often than not you get lots of help.

If you're feeling a bit brain dead, take a break and have another go
tomorrow.

How did you go with gpm?  If I were you, I'd concentrate on getting that
working first, then worry about X afterwards.

Cheers,

Mark.

____/~~\_____/[EMAIL PROTECTED]