Mario Bertrand wrote:
  >Hi, it's my first try in connecting to the database and have the following
  >message:
  >
  >Error connecting database
  >Connection to database failed
  >FATAL 1: SetUserld: user "mbert"
  >is not in "pg_shadow"
  >
  >I have read the docs and try to create the user "mbert" with createuser but
  >have the same message. Does anyone already gone true that?

What output did you get from createuser?  It should have been something
like this:

  bash-2.01$ createuser mbert
  Enter user's postgres ID -> 1003
  Is user "mbert" allowed to create databases (y/n) n
  Is user "mbert" allowed to add users? (y/n) n
  createuser: mbert was successfully added
  don't forget to create a database for mbert

createuser must be run by the user postgres (or by any other user who
is allowed to add users - at first installation there will not be any
such).

Any users successfully created will be in pg_shadow, so the error you
report indicates that createuser failed in some way.

--
Oliver Elphick                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his