On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Did you read the message? The one which is planted locally here states:

> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:38:57 +0000 (GMT)
> Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA
>
> This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
> a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system software.
> If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
> with the data reset to initial values.

> so it looks like a really bad idea to delete it (unless you have no other
> mail in your folder). And it's not created by netscape, but by the mail
> software itself.

I guess I overlooked the fact that I upgraded pine recently. However,
in my understanding, these are only required if you pop or imap which I
don't do. If I am correct, those messages are used to keep track of items
like which mail has been pop'd so that you don't pop it again. I don't pop
anymore so I find them simply annoying. Maybe this will be the last straw
that moves me from Pine to Mutt (although I suppose Mutt could do the
same). Cheers.

--
Colin Telmer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>