On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 02:59:18PM -0800, mike shupp wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Armin Wegner wrote:
> > I've got 128 megs ram. Which size should I choose for the swap partition?
>
> Apparantly Linux can't use more than 128 M in a swap partition, even
> if it happens to be larger, so...   You can apparantly have _several_
> swap partitions, however, if you want to set them up while
> configuring your system.  My suspician is 128 is more than ample
> unless you're doing something awefully interesting.

>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    Mike Shupp
>    California State University, Northridge
>    Graduate Student, Dept. of Anthropology
>    http://www.csun.edu/~ms44278/index.htm
>

> --

Ditto, I have 128 MB of RAM and set up 128 MB of swap (6 GB of hard drive
space, what can I say?). The only time I've even needed swap is when netscape
leaks memory (don't keep it up for more than 5 days) or when I ran a PHP/Mysql
query that returned several million records and ate up all of my RAM and swap.
(I just love kill -SIGKILL)
--
Stephen Pitts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]