On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 07:45:23PM -0600, William Lacy wrote:
> >I don't know how I am supposed to "support" XFree86 if people won't read:
>
> >1) the Debian release notes
> >2) the Debian package descriptions
> >3) anything in /usr/doc/* with the string "README" in the filename
> >4) anything in /usr/doc/* with the string "FAQ" in the filename
> >5) a prompt in the xbase postinst that says:
>
> I honestly feel that this is a bit much to ask of someone who is
> installing or especially upgrading software.
> If people read all of these documents they wouldnt have time for
> anything else especially considering that x is only one part of the
[...]

I wasn't saying they have to read all of them.  Any ONE of them would
suffice to clue them in about the big changes to X between Debian 2.0 and
2.1.  I was wondering where else I need to place announcements so that they
won't escape people's attention.

In the specific case of X, replace the "*" with "xfree86-common" in items 3
and 4 above.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    The software said it required Windows