"(Ted Harding)" wrote:
> and it does seem that the accounting/finance area is thinly served.

This is the primary "missing piece" for me, at least in terms of a home,
desktop system. While there are some personal finance programs available
such as Gnucash etc, there is nothing remotely as good as Quicken. And
I'm certainly not interested in running an older version of Quicken with
Wine.

I have gotten used to such things as paying bills on line, downloading
my credit card statement, and being able to tie all my finances
(investments, mortgage, credit, checking etc) together seemlessly in one
software package.

There was some talk (rumors) a few weeks ago about Intuit porting
Quicken over to Linux, but Intuit announced shortly thereafter that they
have no such plans, at least as of yet. FWIW, I am planning on writing
to them, urging them to consider a Linux version...at least to let them
know there is some interest.

Tom

--
Try Debian GNU/Linux - it's free, it's open source, and it rocks
http://www.debian.org