(LOAF recognizes NIC and networks, Debian recognizes NIC but doesn't despite
identical configuration)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Martin Bialasinski) writes:

>ifconfig eth0 reports the right values?

Correct. It does take many seconds to report back after hitting ENTER, which
goes against my experience.

>Install tcpdump and check the networktraffic for more hints.

Done. I'm still poking and will report back; for now, the only traffic that
shows up is ARP who-has requests for whatever IP numbers I try to reach. The
only real difference between the two setups I've been able to think of is
that under LOAF the NE2000 driver is compiled into the kernel, and Debian
loads it as a module.

-i

--
Write your representatives and complain. Demand that they institute the death
penalty for all crimes, including jaywalking, tearing the tags off mattresses