"Jens B. Jorgensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> But if you're not ready for potato then NIS will provide a
> ready-made solution. It's pretty straightforward. I'd be glad to
> offer assistance. As for a comparison, well, they're different. NIS
> has been around a long time, LDAP is newer.

Thanks to both of you for the help.  We're running all unstable here
so getting the ldap packages isn't a problem, but I wasn't completely
sure what the tradeoffs are.  I'll go look at the web sites Ben
mentioned.

Actually I had already seen the ldap pacakges, but I wasn't quite sure
where to start.  I was hoping for a HOWTO or something, but I can
always just jump in and figure it out as I poke around.

--
Rob Browning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930