On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 10:45:48AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

  > 3) In the long running debian coding standards debate on devel, it was
  > mentioned that tabs shouldn't be used to indent, but spaces instead. How do
  > I set up vim to insert n amount of spaces when I press the TAB key? Or is
  > there some other key that is used for that purpose?

  I disagree w/ using spaces, tabs are nice and allow each user to set their own
  tab space (i like 4, you like 3 so we each set our tabset appropriately and
  never have to edit the code)

Or, if you disagree with that sentiment, you can execute
expand --tabs x filetoexpand > someotherfile ; mv someotherfile filetoexpand

DON'T expand a file and redirect the output to itself...you will lose
the file (learned this the hard way...makes perfect sense in retrospect :)

 - flip

------------------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED] --
"You can only be a child once, but you can be immature forever"
    -- unknown