On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:00:04PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a Pentium 200 MMX running Debian Linux v1.3.  The machine has
> recently moved and now needs a new fixed IP as it is functioning as a
> server.  What files need to be modified for this IP change?  I have
> modified the file at /etc/init.d/network.  Is that the right thing to do?
> help!

v1.3 is a bit old; that was bo.  Are you sure that's what is
installed?

I no longer have a bo machine around, but /etc/init.d/network rings a
bell.  However, it sounds like editing this file did not work for you.
We'll be able to better assist you if you post the actual error
messages, file contents, and an accurate summary of what you did.

BTW, if that machine is really running bo you should seriously
consider upgrading.  You should be able to upgrade "in placve" (that
is, you shouldn't have to reinstall), but you'd have to do the bo ->
hamm upgrade first which means you'll need to find a hamm CD or hope
that archive.debian.org still has hamm :)

Good luck,

--
Nathan Norman - Incanus Networking mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.