Ok, I've been keeping an eye on this thread and thought I'd put in my
thoughts as a new linux user, and debian at that. I hated dselect the first
time I was thrown into it, but, I'd say on the third time with it I took a
deep breath, read what was being displayed before me--yes, there are
actually all the instructions you need to operate the program quite
efficiently, right there before you. So I guess, it was for me, a matter of
just slowing down and realizing that dselect just worked a little different
than the interfaces I became used to with M$ Windows. I now rather enjoy the
dselect concept.