I'd like to make a new partition for /var because I don't have enough drive
space where /var is currently mounted (/) to run apt-get dist-upgrade.
What's the best way of doing this? I can create a new /var partition because
I've got plenty of available drive space, but what set-up files will I have
to modify to make sure things go smoothly?

I assume I'll have to change fstab. But then do I have to move all contents
of the current /var to the new /var? Could I create the new partition using
a temporary name, move all the /var stuff to it, then rename it to /var?

Thanks.
--
David J. Kanter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]