I had a slink system with 2.0.36 kernel, and wanted to update to 2.2.X kernel. I
updated the suggested packages listed on the debian page that discussed known
issues, and then updated the kernel. No problems with that. Netscape seemed to
work ok, but when I tried to download any packages, it would only download a
small amount of data and stall. I thought it might be a problem with packets not
clearing.

So, since that page said all these problems were cleared up in unstable, I
upgraded to potato with "apt-get dist-upgrade". Same problem. But, if I use the
2.0.36 kernel, downloads are fine.

I recompiled the 2.2.X kernel to make sure I have ppp support, and couldn't see
anything else that might cause this in the kernel config menu. I'm doing
something wrong, but what? Ideas / suggestions?

thanks