I'm finally getting to the point with C that I plan on finally trying to
hack together a few small programs that I've been thinking about for some
time now.  I'd like to also put together a GUI frontend for some of them
at some point.  However I have zero experience with GUI programming.  I
know that there are a number of different GUI toolkits out there - TCL/TK,
GTK, Motif, Lesstif, and probably a bunch more.  Are there any that would
be more recommended for a beginner?  Or are they all about the same
level?  I would prefer something available as a deb, and I'm basically
throwing Motif out of consideration as IIRC it's the one of the listed
that costs. (and costs quite a bit as I remember)  I'm certainly open to
any suggestions.

I'm not looking to do anything fancy yet - just the basics so I can learn
how it all works.  Any ideas?
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"