*- On 10 Jan, Ron Rademaker wrote about "What is this????"

> I found this file somewhere:
>

> c---r-----   1 8224     10280     49, 117 Dec  1  2031 fonts
>
> Can anybody tell me what that c is all about???
>
> This 'thing' is the reason for some trouble with apt / dpkg (something to
> do with xlib6g-dev) perhaps this c has something to do with that.

Besides the fact that it has insane uid, gid and dates it is a character
device file.  Similiar to a serial port or the like.

# ls -l /dev/ttyS0
   0 crw-rw----    1 root     dialout    4,  64 Jun 10  1999 /dev/ttyS0

Acccording to the devices.txt file in the kernel Documentation a
character device with major number of 49 is reserved for a 'SDL RISCom
serial card'.  Where is this file?  You didn't list its path.  If it is
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/fonts then I would just delete it and try
re-installing xlib6g-dev.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.