On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 12:25:19PM +0200, Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:

> At the moment the gpm/X11 problem with PS/2 /dev/psaux mice and an
> unreliable ppp dialout come to mind.

Hi Kerstin.

I managed to solve the gpm/X11 problem by discovering that the gpm
install defaults the repeat mode to ms3button emulation (if I recall
correctly).  Setting the repeat to null in the config file allowed
X to work with /dev/mouse on an IBM TP760ED laptop with the /dev/psaux
ps2 mouse.

Regarding ppp dialout, are you refering to pcmcia?  If so, pcmcia 3.1.8
discovered a serial driver bug in the kernel code.  Later versions should
fix it.  I'm running pcmcia 3.1.14 from Woody here (compiled locally).

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | [EMAIL PROTECTED]               | heartily, but good