Steve Simons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Can someone assist me please - I have .deb files left over in my
> archives folder even though I've apt-moved to a local mirrors folder
> on CDROM, changing myapt-move.conf each time as appropriate.  For
> example, my sources.list contains -
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main
>
> That's all; I've installed potato, kernel 2.2.17pre6 and X from the
> debian site, and helix-gnome from helix's site.  I did an apt-move
> for both hierarchies (potato from debian and unstable from
> helixcode) and each time files were moved.  However, I have files
> left over in the /var/cache/apt/archives folder such as
> xmms_1.2.3-helix1_i386.deb and rep-gtk_0.14-helix2_i386.deb, even
> though I've specified delete=yes in apt-move.conf.  I'm concerned
> that in the event of a disaster, these files won't be available.

Setting delete=yes in apt-move.conf will delete old .debs from your
mirror (doesn't make much sense on a CDROM though), not from the apt
cache.  That there are still .debs in that cache is probably due to
the fact that there are newer versions on your mirror.

BTW, apt-move in potato can't handle multiple package sources.  How do
you get it to move packages from both Debian and Helix?
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development