From: kmself@ix.netcom.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 12:49 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Syslogd

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 11:36:52AM -0700, Jay Kelly ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> Hello All,
> When I bootup my system hangs on
> "Starting System Log Daemon Systlogd" how can I troubleshot this to see
> whats happening?

Boot single user and attempt to start the daemon in debug mode from the
command line.  man syslogd for more info.

Startup hangs are very often DNS resolution timeouts.  What happens if
you give your system five or ten minutes to boot, does the hang clear?