On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 10:24:09AM +0100, Robin Collins wrote:

> 1) compatiblity between modems is always a problem - I have two modems which
> work fine with one ISP each and abysmally if I swap them over.  I doubt this
> is an issue with ISDN cards or is it?

Never heard of.

> 2) Linux hardware support - clearly the Howto is going to be the bible but
> is there a "recommended" brand of ISDN card for Linux?

Since I live in Germany I can just tell you about the brands that are
available here. The ISDN-cards of AVM work perfectly, if you are able
to buy one - get it. A pretty good list of all supported ISDN-cards is
available at:
http://cdb.suse.de/cgi-bin/scdb?HTML=ENGLISH/cdb_listtemplates/menu.htm&LANG=ENGLISH

> 3) Linux software - does pppd still apply (I use wvdial) or does one have to
> use something else?

isdnutils

> 4) channel bonding - anything I should know?

Never tried...

> 5) anything other consideration I haven't listed?

You need to recompile Kernel with ISDN-Support

Phil