On 08 Dec 2000, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> on Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 09:31:24AM -0600, Robert Guthrie ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> wrote:
>
> > By the way, in my research, I discovered the vga =  option in the lilo.conf
> > manual.  Now I can avoid wasting all of the screen real-estate on 40x25
> > characters.  Check it out if you don't know about it already.  Pretty cool
> > when you're in console mode.
>
> In which case, you'll *love* SVGATextMode.  Though I hear it's being
> replaced with something else in future versions of Linux.
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>     http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
>  Evangelist, Zelerate, Inc.                      http://www.zelerate.org
>   What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?      There is no K5 cabal
>    http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/        http://www.kuro5hin.org

Probably because the author has ceased to develop it; he thinks it's no
longer very useful with modern video cards.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."