> I don't have any SCSI devices, I just need it for to
> use cdrecord with an ATAPI IDE.
>
> I guess I am going to have to recompile my kernel,
> but first I have to FIND the darn thing.
>
> sr_mod, I feel confident, will be the only remaining
> module I need to install.
>
> I've looked through the modules HOWTO and many
> other places and I still can't find where they are supposed
> to be.

Good luck finding it !! I couldn't and needed it for the same reason. I
*believe* "sr_mod" is the same as the SCSI kernel option for
vendor-related or specific (something or other). Running "modconf" seems
to leave out a few things. I ended up compiling my own kernel -- the
Debian way -- and all is well know. Got rid of support for a few
compiled in devices which I don't have too.

Regards
Hall