On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 06:37:22PM -0500, Cheng H. Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about running Mutt and NFS together. My current mail
> setup has procmail delivering mail to ~/mail and mutt reading the mail
> boxes from there. However, when I'm reading mail from my other box (which
> has /home mounted from NFS), mutt always open my mail-boxes read-only.
>
> I've read the Readme.NFS that came with mutt but would rather not have
> to mount the entire /home tree with the 'nolock' option. Also, the mutt
> FAQ says that I can get around this by configuring mutt using the
> '--with-homespool' option, but I haven't figure out how to do this.
>
> Any hints/advice? Both boxes are currently running unstable.

i don't have problems with mutt and nfs, other then it not detecting
new mail in my marked mailboxes very consistently (i think this is a
meta data caching issue)  i have verified that locking works correctly
on my nfs setup.

you should not use kernels older then 2.2.18 on either server or
client, and you must run lockd and statd.  verify that they are
running and things should work correctly.  also you should use NFSv3,
which you may have to enable experimental options in your kernel
config to see.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/