"Kevin Stokes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Or perhaps it is because I have a suggestion, that makes me a selfish
>bastard?   I'm hardly suggesting newbie doc because I expect somebody to
>write it and give to me.

No, it's because it's such an undirected complaint that its only valid
use is as a rant. Directed complaints get results, and help other people
to help you. Undirected complaints can do very little else but annoy
people, because there's nothing that can reasonably be done about it.

There *is* newbie documentation. You clearly want more of it. Which
bits? Now *that* would be more helpful.

>  As I said, I merely installed Linux on a resurrected computer that had
>been retired as a lark.  I'm not a devotee.   However, it really struck me
>that a crucial ingredient to Linux's success is missing.   What I'm trying
>to do is be helpful.

>Kind of like saying, 'Hey, pal, I don't know if you
>noticed or not, but your boots are the wrong feet.'

More like "Hey, pal, I don't know if you noticed or not, but you look
funny", I'm afraid ...

--
Colin Watson                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]