I have the same setup (but just switched to progeny). Do a dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86. Select the "nv" driver (unless you installed the drivers from nvidia).

Tim

Matt Fair wrote:

Yes, I got the .deb of X4 from deselect and installed it.
When I tried to start X I got the error like it could not load screen.
I do not remember the exact error though.
Matt

Terry Warner wrote:

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 04:39:44AM -0500, Matt Fair babbled:

Hello,
I just got a new computer from Dell.  It came with Red Hat so the first
thing I did was uninstalled it and put Debian on it because it is so
much easier to manage.  The problem I was having was to get XFree86 to
work with my nVidia GeForce2 GTS .
I downloaded the linux module for XFree86, but when I was loading X it
couldn't find the card.
Has anyone gotten this card to work in debian?
Thanks
Matt

Just for my benefit, you do have X4 installed, and you did get the nvidia
binarys right?

Whats the full error msg, if you can send it to me I might be able to help a
bit more.

Terry

//Terry Warner//
[EMAIL PROTECTED]