On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:12:34PM -0400, Mark Hurley wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 12:24:01AM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> > --
> > DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP:
> > What's a "manpage"? It's the documentation you get when you enter
> > "man SOMETHING" such as "man ps" or "man bash" or "man apt-setup".
> >
> > ...from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I think this is a great idea where everyone is going.  One thought,
> can we surround the tip or for that matter all "comments" in a tag?

> <tip>
> DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP:
> </tip>
>
> So I can automatically strip it out when I reply? Would save me from
> having to delete even more from a message.  On another tangent, could
> everyone do me a favor and surround any signature with <sig>  </sig>.

when i quote an email in a reply, i scroll down until i get to
the not-so-pertinent part, and in vim i do

        dG

to obliterate everything "from here to end-of-file".

> <sig>
> ;)
>
> Mark
> </sig>

hmm. as ethan pointed out, there is a cnovention to mark an email
signature, and that is

        "^--\040"

(beginning-of-line dash dash space)

so for your sig, i'd "s/<sig>/-- / ; s:</sig>:: ;"

but are you using some cool filter-strip-mongo utility that the
rest of us might salute? hmm? (i can tell you're using mutt --
c'mon, fess up.)