Kernel 2.4.2
XFree 4.0.2-13
kde 2.1.1
xawtv 3.06-3
zapping 0.5.92-2

nVidia TNT2 Graphics Card, X using
the XFree nv driver
Hauppauge WinTV card

Problem: irregularly X freezes when I have a TV
window open using either xawtv (freezes are rare)
or zapping (freezes are frequent).
The problem is, I don't know whether this is a bug
with xawtv or zapping, or the kernel bttv driver,
or X or kde or what do I know, but the fact remains
that it's a particularly annoying bug since it makes
it impossible to do anything but reset the computer.

The freeze happens exclusively when a TV window
is open and happens often enough to be annoying,
but too rare to be easily reproducible. I don't use
other Window Managers or Desktop Environments
often enough to having experienced the problem outside
of KDE.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and knows
a solution, or at least which package is faulty?

regards,
Volker

--
"Ubi non accusator, ibi non judex."

(Where there is no police, there is no speed limit.)
                -- Roman Law, trans. Petr Beckmann (1971)