Hi,

I decided to investigate the move from "stable" to "testing". I thought
it would be as simple as editing the sources to replace "stable" with
"testing". I did that, and ran dselect to browse through the changes
and found a couple of problems

1: Its plan to upgrade my stable system generates some dependency
   issues. It tells me that;

        lwrsed recommends libnss-lwres
        libnss-lwres does not appear to be available

        gnome-panel recommends gnome-applets (>=1.4.0-1)
        gnome-applets does not appear to be available

   Why are specified dependencies not available

2: I also pointed my "security.debian.org" entry to testing and it
   baulked at that completely. For security update for packages in
   testing, what should the security site entries read?

What might I have got wrong?

Keith
| Keith O'Connell                  |     "That which does not kill     |
| Maidstone, Kent (UK)             |      us, usually still hurts.     |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |   That's just life, I'm afraid"   |