When I last checked Star Office was not a package in the stable distribution.

For our small school, which I am about to switch from NT to Linux, Star Office appears to be the answer to our need for a bundle of stable office programs. We mainly need a smooth switchover from MS Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.

Is there anything special in the Star Office install process that will conflict with debian package management? I have been very pleased with package management with debian. It has made my life easier and my system more sane. Any references for Debian Star Office installs?

Thanks for previous help from list.
Joe Golden
The Stevens School