Thus spake Guy Geens on Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 07:41:00PM +0200:

> mannequin> I know this has probably been asked on here before, but I'm
> mannequin> running Debian Stable on my i686 and I'm having problems
> mannequin> with LILO. Basically, I have Debian installed on /dev/hda
> mannequin> and Windoze on /dev/hdb. LILO is install on the boot block
> mannequin> of /dev/hda. So here is where my problem lies; I cannot get
> mannequin> LILO to boot my Windoze drive at all. I've looked through
>
> AFAIK, Windows doesn't like to be booted from the second hard disk.
> Swap the drives, and life will be a lot easier.

I agree,

lilo can swap drives depending on which image you want to boot:
/etc/lilo.conf
<...>
other=/dev/hdb1
        label=windows
        map-drive=0x80
                to=0x81
        map-drive=0x81
                to=0x80
<...>

HTH,
Romain

--
This is a test of the emergency broadcast system.  Had there been an
actual emergency, then you would no longer be here.