On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 11:39:35PM +0200, Matthias Pitzl wrote:
> Hello Jost,
>
> i've read the man page, but this doesn't help me. I tried to use different
> logging levels for the kern facility, but
> i don't had had any succes in filtering the ipchains output sole in the file.
> But thanks for your reply.

Alas, you can only let syslogd filter on service and loglevel.

You'll have to add an extra command to the utility that rotates
the logfiles from cron.  After rotating the logs, grep the just
archived log for denied packet loggings and output this to a file
of your choice.

Look at /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd

Cheers,

Joost